Matt Caldwell is a passionate defender of our God-given Constitutional liberties. He believes in limited government, consistently advocates for term limits, and is a staunch defender of our right to keep and bear arms.
A 7th generation Florida native whose family came to Micanopy in 1826, Matt Caldwell and his wife Yvonne are raising their daughter, Ava, in Lee County. Matt attended Florida Gulf Coast University, from which he received a degree in History. He works as a real estate appraiser and consultant with Maxwell, Hendry & Simmons in Fort Myers, having attained the highest state certification in his field and being qualified as an expert witness in multiple states and federal court. He is also a partner and consultant with TM Strategic Consulting. Matt was a member of the Florida House of Representatives from 2010-2018, serving on and chairing several committees during his tenure, including tax policy, redistricting, insurance and banking, agriculture, natural resources and public lands, transportation and infrastructure, local, federal, and military affairs, & oversight of government operations, such as pensions & elections.
- Opposed anti-gun legislation that infringed on Constitutional rights
- Provided 6.7 Billion dollars in tax cuts (2010-2018)
- Fought for term limits at all levels of government
- Chaired committees responsible for agriculture, natural resources, and government operations
- Championed comprehensive Everglades and springs restoration projects
- Uncompromising pro-life advocate and supporter of traditional family values
- Consistently held local government accountable for out-of-control spending